Health in Central Denmark Region
Central Denmark Region is responsible for the greater part of public health service in the region.
Primary tasks of the region are the operation of regional hospitals, general practitioners and practising specialists. Physiotherapy, specialist dental treatment, chiropractic and psychological aid are also among the services available within the health care services.
Another task is the organisation of the emergency medical service, including ambulance and emergency physician services. Central Denmark Region also has research, developmental and training commitments, as well as shared assignments and collaboration with municipal authorities.
In Central Denmark Region we aim to further develop public health services through:
- Improving the general standard of public health
- Providing an effective and coherent service to our citizens in cooperation with authorities and key partners in the area of health
- Ensuring that the health service of Central Denmark Region is characterized by efficiency and quality at all levels and within all areas, and that our citizens' demands and expectations to health services are met.
The area of health constitutes the largest of Central Denmark Region’s field of activity. Approximately 20,000 doctors, nurses and other health care professionals are employed at the 10 regional hospitals.
Information for tourists/für Turisten
- Test: Turister/Tourists/Turisten
- Information for tourists in English form The Danish Health Authority
Information from The Danish Authories
The Danish Authories has released information in English and in several other languages.
- Information from the Danish Health authorities about coronavirus/COVID-19(English)
- Information on COVID-19, prevention and symptoms – other languages