About Central Denmark Region
The primary responsibility of the region is healthcare and development within public areas of transport/mobility, education, culture and environment.
Organisation and political leadership
Central Denmark Region is one of five regions in Denmark.
Denmark is organised at three political and administrative levels: the national (government), the regional (5 regions) and the municipal level (98 municipalities).
Each region is led by a Regional Council, consisting of 41 politicians elected every four years.
The regions' responsibilities are within the areas of health, psychiatry, social og regional development. The region must secure the overall strategy and at the same time top quality services; be it in the personal educational contact at institutions or when a patient needs nerve fibre surgery.
Facts - Central Denmark Region
- Central Denmark Region covers 19 municipalities and an area of 13,000 square kilometres.
- Central Denmark Region has a population of 1.3 million people - approx. 23% of the population in Denmark.
- Central Denmark Region has a gross budget of 28.9 billion DKK (2019).
- Central Denmark Region has approx. 30.000 employees.
Health, psychiatry and social
The primary responsibility of Central Denmark Region is healthcare. This includes being responsible for the nine somatic hospitals and eight psychiatric hospital departments, pre-hospital emergency services, general practitioners and practising specialist doctors.
The region also operates a number of specialised social care institutions in agreement with local municipalities.
Central Denmark Region is also responsible for regional development within the areas of public transport/mobility, education, culture and environment (soil contamination, groundwater protection and raw materials planning).
Information for tourists/für Turisten
- Test: Turister/Tourists/Turisten
- Information for tourists in English form The Danish Health Authority
Information from The Danish Authories
The Danish Authories has released information in English and in several other languages.
- Information from the Danish Health authorities about coronavirus/COVID-19(English)
- Information on COVID-19, prevention and symptoms – other languages